Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CHALLENGE #16 - EASTER

First of all we'd like to thank everyone who joined in with our Mum's The Word challenge.  Your designs were absolutely stunning!  The winner of the K&Co Bailey papers is No.7, Vicky, congratulations!  Please email Mandy your address and we'll get them in the post to you.

We are pleased to announce we have a fabulous Guest Designer joining us for Challenge #16.  A big hello and welcome to Marlou as she joins us for Easter inspired projects....

Hi everyone and here are my Easter themed projects….


The little card is 4”x4".  I used lilac pearl card as my card base then added white pearl card embossed with hearts. I made the felt flower with cuttlebug flower dies adding a pearl stone and a heart pin.

I double nested labels 4 die with oval {my first attempt at this}, before running through the wizard.  Then raised the label part on sticky pads, the sentiment is from Papertrey mini messages.  I tied sheer spotty ribbon and added more pearls for detail.


The felt posies were so easy to make, I made 7 in total.  All you need is a flower die {mine is cuttlebug}, fold in half and then in quarter.  Stitch a few stitches up the side and stick a cocktail stick through.  I cut the top off the cocktail stick and adhered a pearl stone with glue.  Then I hand cut a leaf from felt and glued one side to the flower head, so simple!!!


Thanks Mandy and Eileen for having me as a Guest Designer :) xx


You can see more of Marlou's wonderful creations on her blog, Scrapping with Love.


Mandy

For my Easter Project I've used Lauren Meader's Anyway You Slice Template and my all time favourite K&Co Bailey Papers!


I love the versatility of this template and it's a great size at 4 3/4" tall and 3 1/2" deep.


Perfect for holding lots of Chocolate Bunnies !!


This very cute image is a download from The Graphics Fairy, Karen has a lot of fab vintage images.

I've used Blosom felt from Sarah at Paper and String for my flower along with buttons from The Ribbon Girl.  Lace and Seam Binding are also from The Ribbon Girl.  I've dyed cream seam binding with Stampin Up's Cameo Coral stamp pad and added a little Antique Linen Distress Ink on top.  I love the subtle tones you get dying the binding this way.

The large tag was cut using Papertrey Ink's Tag Sale #1 Die and then tea dyed...another of my favourite past times at the moment!  Always have a bowl of tea on the go!!  I did the same with the teeny tiny tag before adding stamp detail.  The tiny heart is cut using Papetrey's Heart Collection Dies and is attached along with the tag with a Making Memories Garment Pin.

Eileen


I have decorated this little box and tag for Easter.  The lace I used I have had for a long time and I'm not sure where I actually got it from.  The ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl which Mandy kindly sent to me along with some other bits and bobs which I can't wait to use.   The gift tag has lovely string, also from The Ribbon Girl.   I embellised the little box with some cute little flowers, buttons on the bows and used a stamp for the easter messages.  I then filled it with little caramello eggs which will make a nice gift.


Our Easter challenge will run until midnight, Tuesday 12th April New Zealand time.  Please leave a link to your design using Mr Linky or email either of us with a photo attached.

We look forward to seeing your wonderful creations, and below is a picture of our little gift for one lucky person who takes part in this challenge.  Die cut shapes in felt and cork paper, decorative pins and tea dyed tags.




Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Mandy and Eileen for my prize, you've made my day! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mandy and Eileen , thanks so much for having me and your projects are amazing!!! gorgeous work as always :) and congrats to Vicky on your win, enjoy those lovely papers :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see some lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects!
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for inspiring me to make a start on my easter cards! Lovely projects. Fran*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete